The EC has designated 2013 as the European Year of Citizens. Throughout the lifetime of the Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP) this is a theme which concerns many major European funding programmes dealing with education, training, youth, culture and citizenship. It is also relevant for both young people and adults, in both formal and non-formal learning contexts. This means that, on the one hand, a lot of money was invested – and is still being invested – to promote the quality and quantity of AEC, its benefits and added value in the LLP. However, there are many other programmes also focusing on this issue: most of all, Europe for Citizens, as well as Youth and Culture.
YOURopa puts AEC for one year in the focus of all of the project activities. We will demonstrate how much EC policy and programmes have already achieved in funding AEC-oriented projects. However we also want to inspire possible future improvements.
The main target groups of the project are:
- Europe’s citizens as the main stakeholders in this issue
- Associations/organisations representing the interests of AEC
- Associations/organisations benefiting and/or relying on AEC support
- Adult education providers supporting AEC engagement by training services
- Public bodies and authorities caring for the interests, needs and demands of AEC
- Representatives of EU programmes and initiatives which financially support projects dealing with AEC (formally, non-formally of informally)