Promoting the Concepts and Ideas of Active European Citizenship
in the Framework of the European Year of Citizens 2013
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
108 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NH, UK
26-27 June 2013
The two days conference focused on different thematic areas:
- Presentations and plenary discussions spotting the issue of AEC in Europe from different perspectives and angles
- Different workshops and interactive sessions to discuss and work on different aspects which are important for the further development of AEC in Europe
- The YOURopa Project Fair accompanied the whole conference where the 30 selected projects were presented, and where other organisations can showcased their activities in the field of AEC and introduce their work.
- Networking opportunities for all participants from different sectors of AEC
The “YOURopa” Conference provided an ideal platform for target groups and stakeholders to discuss not only important topics regarding active European citizenship, but also to gain information about 30 selected good practice projects promoting different citizenship aspects.
Target group: Active citizens, volunteers, civil society organisations, policy-makers, Institutional representatives, media and other stakeholders interested in the concepts of Active European Citizenship.
Working language: English
Venue: Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre, 108 Stamford Street, South Bank, London SE1 9NH, UK
Presentations and further documentation:
- Presentation “Volunteering and Citizenship”: Gabriella Civico – CEV European Volunteer Centre (Belgium)
- Presentation “Learning Skills and Citizenship”: Geoff Scaplehorn – EUCIS-LLL (Belgium)
- Presentation “Four Cornerstones”: Janet Crampton – AESOP (United Kingdom)
- Presentation “People with dementia as active citizens”: Toby Williamson – Mental Health Foundation (United Kingdom)
- Presentation “KETSO an interactive method”: Open Space activity
- Press release”YOURopa project – what does it mean to be an active European citizen?”: media consulta (United Kingdom)
Further documentation is available in the Focus Europe Magazine!
Should you have any questions or require any further information please contact:
Ms Karina RUSSELL
CSV / Volonteurope
237 Pentonville Road . London N1 9NJ . United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 7643 1326 Fax: +44 20 7833 0149